Friday, January 2, 2015

Multi-part Topics from 2014

Here are the topics I looked at with series of posts in 2014:


11 Part Series on Risk, Valuations (and Leverage)

3 Part Series about how compensation is declining because of housing, not corporate profit (1, 2, 3)

5 Part Series on Stock/Bond (and Real Estate) Allocation (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
(I found that bonds are a terrible hedge for stocks, although they might be a decent hedge for your mortgage.)

The Absurdity of Blaming Capitalism for Inequality (1, 2, 3, 4)


I've been meaning to complete a multi-part series on the idea of beta in CAPM which I think has some fun implications.  I hope to get it out soon, but it's been on the to-do list for a few months.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please do that - I'm interested in your thoughts on beta. Reference Buffett and the other great investors - but also Damodaran. The best work on this is probably Eric Falkenstein.
    Keep up the good work in 2015 - your thoughts on housing have been some of the most insightful I've ever read, also inequality. Possibly revealed by the general lack of comments - people simply don't understand a lot of this stuff!
    Consider starting a hedge fund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Sean. I hope to work on it soon.

      Delete